Blue Cheese and Roasted Garlic Dip/Spread
photo by Engrossed
- Ready In:
4 cups (approx)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup blue cheese, finely crumbled (can use Roquefort in place of blue cheese)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (use mayo not salad dressing for this)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 -3 green onions, finely chopped (yellow onions can be used, but green is better)
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic (1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic can be used in place of the roasted, start with stated amounts and ad)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 -2 drop Tabasco sauce (or to taste)
- black pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Using an elctric hand mixer mix until well blended.
- Cover and chill for 8-24 hours or up to 3 days.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Was looking for something to use up some blue cheese that would also help dilute the blue cheese flavour for a work shout. Blue cheese lovers enjoyed/loved this, non blue cheese fans were still not converted. I used 75g creamy blue cheese, 1/4 cup Mayo and Sour Cream eacg, 1 tsp minced Garlic, 1/2 cup Cream Cheese, about 2-3 Tbsp sliced spring onions & 5 drops Tabasco, freshly ground black pepper. Chill overnight and served with carrots and crackers. Thanks from the blue cheese lovers.