Green Beans in Beer Sauce
photo by diner524
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 lb sliced bacon, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup beer
- 1⁄3 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons grated onions
- In large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring the beans, beer, and butter to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towels to drain.
- Remove beans with slotted spoon keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, vinegar, cornstarch and onion until blended. Stir into saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add beans; heat through.
- Sprinkle with bacon.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Tasty beans!!! I used canned green beans instead of frozen and used chopped onion, which I used alot more of than 2 teaspoons(love onions), otherwise made a written. Would definitely make again, but next time might cut the cornstarch to 1 tsp or just leave it out!! Thanks for sharing. Made for potluck tag.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have two wonderful kids,6 and 12, my youngest loves to help in the kitchen. His specialties are homemade noodles and macaroni salad. My daughter loves all things macaroni and cheese! <br> In the summers, we spend a lot of time at the lake and on our four-wheelers. The littlest has started T-ball this year, and we are getting a big kick out of watching those little guys play. DD is into basketball and is my biggest helper. <br>I am not a baker. However; I have found many delicious recipes on this site that are challenging my baking abilities. My kids are encouraging me to keep polishing up my baking skills! <br>I love to collect cookbooks! Finding this site was a stroke of luck. Now, I can keep all my favorite recipes in one place, and put the less used books away to make room for new ones! <br><img src=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/annacia/Permanent%20Banners/i-connected-125.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket></a> <br><img src=http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii31/bleupantry/RecipeZaar%20and%20other%20Food/Top%20Favs%20of%202008%20GAME/ParticipationBanner.jpg> <br><img src=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/tgifford/Game%20Room%20Banners/AM%20Banners/potluckpbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket> <br><img src=http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e110/flower753/Food/my3chefsnov2008.jpg> <br><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PACfall08partic.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket> <br> <br><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket> <br><img src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Participation.jpg><img src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg> <br><a href=http://www.flickr.com/photos/26630178@N05/3510953178/ title=banner3 by *sparkly*, on Flickr><img src=http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3387/3510953178_b35b3086a8.jpg width=500 height=250 alt=banner3 /></a>