Beer Battered Shrimp With Spicy Peach Dipping Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Crispy beer-battered shrimp with a spicy peach dipping sauce. Great appetizer for watching a sporting event from home with friends!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup peach preserves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 3⁄4 lb frozen uncooked deveined jumbo shrimp
- 3⁄4 cup progresso plain panko crispy breadcrumbs (optional)
- 1 cup peanut oil (for frying)
- Combine peach preserves, garlic, dijon mustard, soy sauce, orange juice, and crushed red pepper together in a small bowl.
- Thaw shrimp under cool running water in a colander, rotating frequently.
- Meanwhile, mix together flour, salt, and baking powder in a small bowl.
- In another small bowl, slowly whisk egg and beer together.
- Mix dry batter ingredients into wet ingredients until smooth.
- Heat 1/3 inch peanut oil in large, deep skillet.
- Dip thawed and dried shrimp into batter, then into Panko crumbs (optional), then place into oil.
- After several minutes, flip the shrimp. Fry until golden-brown on both sides.
- Transfer to a paper-towel lined plate to drain.
- Serve warm with dipping sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION