Greek Braised Lamb With Green Beans and Tomato
photo by Sara 76
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 600 g lamb, diced
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 kg fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- 680 g passata (pureed tomato pasta sauce)
- 180 ml water
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 cup mint leaf, chopped roughly
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium high heat.
- Add the diced lamb and cook until the meat is browned.
- Stir in the trimmed beans and onion. Cook for approx 10 minutes, stirring occassionally.
- Stir in the passata sauce, water, salt and pepper to taste and the chopped mint.
- Reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for 3/4 hour to one hour -- until the meat is cooked through and the beans are tender.
- Check the liquid content of the dish at the 30 minute mark and if there seems to be too much liquid, simmer uncovered for the remaining cooking time.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is so delicious! The only lamb i could get was a tray of lamb steaks, so I used those (just cut them into smaller pieces). I couldn't get fresh mint, so I used a generous sprinkling of dried. After I had cooked the lamb and onion, and stirred the beans through for a few minutes, i transferred it to my slow cooker, and added the rest of the ingredients there. I cooked it on high for 3 hours, and it was perfect! We served it with creamy mashed potatoes and some steamed yellow squash. [Made for Aus/NZ Recipe Swap]
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Aussie Mum - gluten-free