Gingered Shrimp With Corn & Broccoli
photo by Karen Elizabeth
- Ready In:
- 4 cups broccoli, cut in bite size pieces
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili paste with garlic
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups corn
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Place the broccoli in a steamer and gently steam until tender crisp, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer to a clean tea towel, and lightly pat the broccoli to absorb excess water.
- Whisk the soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, giner, and chile garlic paste until sugar begins to dissolve.
- Heat a wok or large non-stick skillet over high heat.
- Add oil and when it ripples, add the scallions, corn and shrimp.
- Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the shrimp are opaque.
- Add the broccoli, soy mixture, and stir-fry until all ingredients are coated with the sauce and heated through.
- Serve over rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!