Ginger Fried Chicken
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs whole chickens, cut into pieces
- 1⁄4 lb fresh gingerroot, grated
- 2 ounces garlic, chopped
- 4 ounces Japanese soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces flour
- 4 medium eggs
- Add ginger, garlic, soy sauce, salt, and pepper to chicken, mix well, and marinate overnight. Add eggs to chicken.
- Mix together well.
- Add flour to coat. Mix well.
- Fry until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Finish in oven, 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I was looking for a chicken recipe to try and this one looked interesting. I did mine in a gallon size ziplock bag. After adding the eggs and flour, the mess made me glad I used the bag. I wasn't sure about how it was going to be when done as it looked like it was going to be a very heavy coating. The only changes I made was to reduce the amount of soy sauce and to use only two eggs. The chicken turned out moist and full of flavor. The only changes I'd make the next time I make this is omit the salt and use a low sodium soy sauce (I should have noticed the amount of sodium from the nutrition facts). Thank you for sharing this recipe :) Note: the coating in the batch I made was best if eaten immediately.