Ginger, Carrot, and Orange Cappuccino Cup Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Smooth pureed carrot soup from 'You the Owner's Manual' by Dr. Oz. Very quick and definitely tasty.
- Ready In:
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced yellow onion
- 1⁄2 celery rib, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
- 1⁄4 lb carrot, very thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups low sodium vegetable broth or 1 1/2 cups stock
- 3⁄4 teaspoon finely grated gingerroot
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Heat a large saucepan or dutch oven, coated with cooking oil spray, over medium heat.
- Add onion and celery; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add carrots; continue to cook another 5 minutes.
- Add broth and ginger; bring to a boil.
- Add orange juice and salt. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until vegetables are very tender, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer mixture (in batches if necessary) to a blender or food processor; blend until smooth.
- Reheat if necessary; ladle into bowls.
- Drizzle oil over soup.
- Alternative method of cooking if you have a Vita Mix blender: I like to skip having to cut the carrots. I heat the onions and celery. Meanwhile, I put the other ingredients into the Vita Mix blender - carrots, broth, ginger, o.j., and salt (which I omit). When the onions and celery are cooked, I add them to the Vita Mix blender and puree the mixture on High for about a minute or so. Then, I return the mixture to the saucepan and heat it through. I ladle it into bowls and add the oil to the soup. Very easy and definitely tasty!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation