German Chocolate Lace Cookies
- Ready In:
- 3 ounces German sweet chocolate
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons skim milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup oats
- 1⁄2 cup coconut flakes
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 ounce German sweet chocolate
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate with milk over medium heat and stir until smooth.
- In a bowl, blend on high the butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in chocolate mix and vanilla. On low speed, beat in flour and baking soda. Stir in oats, coconut and pecans.
- Drop be spoonfuls on baking sheets and bake about 10 minutes (should appear "lacy").
- Let cool by lifting parchment paper off of baking sheets and sift powdered sugar over cookies.
- Melt milk chocolate chips in microwave spread over one side of a cookie and place another on top, creating sandwiches.
- Melt in a saucepan the German chocolate and oil and using a fork, drizzle glaze over cookies and let stand until everything is set.
Join The Conversation