Oatmeal Lace Cookies
These cookies are are more like sweet "crisps". They are thin and crispy, and have a noticable buttery flavor. Wonderful served with a fruit or cream type dessert. My favorite is ice cream. YUM!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 28mins
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Beat sugar and butter until well blended.
- Beat in flour, vanilla and salt.
- Stir in oats.
- Form into a ball. (See photo).
- Cover and refrigerate cookie dough 1 hour.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll dough by tbsp full between palms into one inch balls. (I cut the dough ball into 24 equal portions, and then roll each portion into a ball.).
- Place dough balls on baking sheets, spacing 1 1/2 inches apart (cookies will spread during baking).
- Using bottom of drinking glass as aid, flatten cookies to 1 1/2-inch rounds. (See photo).
- Bake until cookies are golden brown, about 12 - 13 minutes, turning the cookie sheet once mid-way through baking.
- Let cookies rest on sheets 1 minute.
- Using spatula, transfer cookies to a rack and cool completely.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION