Garlic Green Beans
photo by KerfuffleUponWincle
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (or other coarse salt)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Cook beans in boiling water to cover for 3-5 minutes or until crisp tender; drain. Rinse in cold water to stop cooking process; drain.
- In a skillet melt butter and olive oil together over medium high heat.
- Add garlic salt and pepper to pan and saute 4-5 minutes or until heated.
- Add beans and toss to combine, cooking another minute or so or until heated.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love cooking and trying different foods, but my favorite cookbooks are now Weight Watchers or low fat/low cal cookbooks as I tend to try and make low fat/low cal recipes. I lost over 90 pounds on Weight Watchers and have maintained for over a year now -- so my cooking/eating habits have changed drastically following my weight loss and to keep it off!</p>