Garden Hot Sauce
- Ready In:
- Rinse peppers, remove stems, and chop coarsely.
- Wear latex gloves or coat your hands with oil before handling (and if you value your eyes, wash your hands multiple times before changing your contact lenses).
- Combine in a large bowl with the salt, cover, and let sit for 2 days, stirring about every 12 hours.
- Add vinegar and puree; place mixture in a sterilized 1 quart glass jar and refrigerate.
- As you use peppers, continue to chop them and add to the jar.
- When the jar is filled, remove and puree the sauce, place in a clean jar, and age for at least 2 months or until it reaches the desired flavor.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!