Fudge Bottom Chocolate Layer Pie
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 15mins
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, divided
- 2 tablespoons milk, plus
- 1⁄4 cup milk, divided
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (6 oz.)
- 1 1⁄2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 8 ounces whipped topping, thawed and divided
- additional sweetened whipped cream (optional) or whipped topping (optional)
- chocolate curls, garnish (optional)
- Place 1/3 cup chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons milk in a bowl and Microwave 30 seconds and stir until smooth. If necessary, microwave an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Spread on bottom of crust. Refrigerate while preparing next step.
- Combine marshmallows, remaining 2/3 cup chocolate chips and 1/4 cup milk in small saucepan. Stir constantly over medium heat, until marshmallows are melted and mixture is well blended. Scrape into large bowl and let cool completely.
- Stir 2 cups whipped topping into cooled chocolate mixture. Spread 2 cups of the mixture over the chocolate in crust.
- Blend remaining whipped topping and remaining chocolate mixture and spread over surface of pie.
- Cover and freeze several hours or until firm.
- Garnish as desired.
- Cover and freeze remaining pie.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I can't believe I forgot to post my review for this UNforgetable pie. Amazing, nice and rich full of chocolate flavor. Great crowd pleaser, I had to make another one for the boys....as they didn't get enough ;) Thanks for sharing this wonderful scrumptious pie. BTW: Mom didn't have to help me, but I did let my lil guy help make your pies! If I could just post the picture that I took with it all over his face.... Thanks Ty, I'll save this one and think of you everytime I make it! What a joy. ~V
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a very talented 5 year old chef that loves to cook! I started cooking when I was just turning 3 with the help of NcMysteryShopper. My Dad is very proud of me and I love to cook dinner for him. I can now cook a few things on my own with hardly any help! I also like to take photographs of the food i make! I love Hot Wheels! My favorite movies are Shriek, Nemo and Madagascar. My dog's name is Harley. I have two hermit crabs. Their names are "Escar" and "go" (Escargot)and they get lost a lot... but I find them. <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/homepage/harley2.jpg"> I want my own account so that I can leave my own reviews cause sometimes I don't like what NcMysteryshopper and my dad like to eat. NcMysteryShopper says that my opinion is important too! So all other 5 year olds can have their moms read my reviews to them. I cannot type or spell really well yet so I told NC what to type for me. She is good at the computer. <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/homepage/buscuitsburning.gif"><img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/homepage/cookieblinkie.gif"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg">