Fried Egg Salad (Yum Kai Dao)
- Ready In:
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon small Thai red chili pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, & stems finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil, to partially submerge the eggs while frying
- Mix the fish sauce, sugar, soup base and lime juice well in a bowl.
- Chop the garlic, chilies and coriander fine.
- Fry the eggs in a very hot pan with a good deal of oil until crispy, about 1 minute. It helps to ladle the oil over the top of the egg to cook both sides at the same time. Set aside and allow to cool a bit.
- Put the eggs in a plate and cut into quarters. Mix the garlic, chilies and coriander together into the sauce.
- When ready to eat, pour the sauce over the eggs. Don’t let it sit long or the eggs will get soggy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have always had a fascination with cooking. When I was young, I used to raid my mother's pantry and come up with all sorts of edible (well, sort of) concoctions! Recently I have been captivated by the many wonderful South-East Asian dishes, and learning how to make them from scratch rather than throw together something out of a can.