Fresh Strawberry Pie
photo by The Simple Recipe D
- Ready In:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) box strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert (or 0.3 oz)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 lbs strawberries, washed and stems removed
- 1 deep dish pie shell, pre-baked
- Put 1 cup water and 1 cup of sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of cornstarch with 1/2 cup of water cold water. Keep stirred as it can lump back up quickly.
- Whisk the cornstarch mixture into the boiling sugar water.
- Whisk constantly until it become thick -- about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in Jell-O until dissolved and there are no lumps. Set aside.
- Take a spoonful of glaze ( or more) and coat the bottom of the pre-baked pie shell.
- While the strawberry glaze is cooling you can start placing your berries in the pie crust. I don't cut them up -- I leave them whole.
- Then I spoon the glaze over the strawberries until each individual berry is coated with glaze. Add more berries to the top as it becomes easier to place them. It's like art! Fill all the nooks and crannies with glaze until the glaze is even (or slightly under) the edge of the pie crust.
- Set in the fridge UNCOVERED until the glaze is set. But at least 1-2 hours.
- You can make this pie a day in advance (I don't advise it), but after glaze is set, you need to cover it with plastic wrap so it doesn't absorb the odors in your fridge.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!