French Market Sandwiches
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
These are delicious. Nuff said...Try them for your next football party.
- Ready In:
- 12 plain croissants
- 1 cup butter, room temp
- 1⁄4 cup prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poppy seed
- 2 tablespoons finely minced onions or 2 tablespoons shallots
- 2 lbs shaved ham
- 12 slices swiss cheese, cut to shape
- Slice croissants in half horizontally.
- Mix butter, mustard, poppy seeds and onion together.
- Spread on half of each croissant.
- Top with 2 1/2 oz ham and a slice of cheese.
- Put halves together.
- Wrap each sandwich in foil and warm in 325*F oven for 15 minutes.
- These sandwiches may also be frozen in foil and warmed, unwrapped, at 325*F for 25 to 30 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I was craving a croissant sandwich, and this definitely satisfied my craving. Instead of wrapping each sandwich individually in foil, I placed the assembled sandwiches on a jelly roll pan and covered the entire pan with foil. I baked them for about 25 minutes to make sure they were heated through.Reply
Yummmmmy!!! Presented to book club group, and received unconditionally (except by the vegetarians). One comment was that this would make a great breakfast and...yep I guess it would! I used way less than 2 lbs of ham on 12 croissants, and found I had to leave them in the oven about 25 min to get a good melt happening for the Swiss cheese. Thanks, Marie Alice!Reply
see 2 more