Food Processor Oatmeal Bread
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Nice loaf. I got the recipe years ago off a tv show. The apple juice is a nice addition. I'm sure any juice would work. I also make a mixture of oatmeal and red river cereal to make 3/4 cup
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups white flour, saving 1/2 cup
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water or 1 1/2 cups apple juice
- Sprinkle yeast over a mixture of3 tbsp water and 1 tsp sugar. Let this stand 10 minute.
- Place in bowl boiling liquid, molasses, oil, salt.
- Cool slightly and add yeast mixture.
- In processor add flour (reserving 1/2 cup), oatmeal, & salt.
- Add liquid through spout and add reserved flour until right consistancy. About 45 seconds.
- Let rise in greased bowl until double.
- Punch down.
- Shape into loaves.
- let rise.
- Brush with molasses and sprinkle with oats.
- Bske 375 until done (hollow sound when tapped).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION