Cranberry Oatmeal Muffins
These are moist, tasty muffins which are especially nice to serve around Christmastime.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream or 1 cup yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons orange rind, grated
- 3⁄4 cup cranberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Soak oats in yogurt or sourcream just enough to make it moist.
- Sift dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder & baking soda) into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add oil, sugars, and egg.
- Beat until well blended.
- Gradually fold in dry ingredients.
- Add chopped cranberries and orange zest.
- Put in greased muffin tins.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I made these last night using half wheat and half white flour and adding a little cinnamon and vanilla. My only complaint is that you just can't stop eating them! They are so yummy - glad I made a double batch! The batter is really thick, but the muffins are fluffy. This recipe is definitely a keeper!