Even Ritz crackers will work in place of saltines. Most recipes of this type don't mention crisping in the oven but you can always add that step. Spread crackers on a cookie sheet and bake at 250 degrees for 15-20 minutes, stirring around about halfway through.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups canola oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope ranch dressing mix
- 2 -3 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (16 ounce) package saltine crackers (can use multigrain)
- Whisk together the oil, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper and powdered Ranch Dressing mix.
- Place crackers in a gallon freezer bag.
- Pour mixture over crackers and shake well careful not to break up the crackers.
- Let stand for about 15 minutes, turning over every so often.
- Store in airtight container.