Filet Mignon Gorgonzola With Sun-Dried Tomatoes
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I had this at Carrabba's Italian Grill once and it is to die for. Next to Charlies Steak house in Orlando it is the best filet ever. I developed this recipe on my own as Carrabba's wouldnt give it to me. Enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 20 ounces tenderloin
- 1⁄4 lb gorgonzola
- 4 ounces sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Cut tenderloin into two equal steaks.
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar on both sides.
- Sprinkle salt, sugar and pepper on both sides.
- Let rest at room temp for 10 minutes.
- Preheat heavy pan on medium high.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Drizzle steaks with olive oil.
- Sear steaks in pan 1-2 mins per side (depending on thickness of steak).
- Place tomatoes equally on top of steaks.
- Slice gorgonzola into two equal pieces and place on top of tomatoes and steak.
- Place pan with steaks into oven and bake 8-10mins until cheese melts.
- Remove from oven and pan and plate them.
- Let rest 5 minutes for juices to settle.
- Cooking times will vary depending on how thick your steaks are and your oven.
- Add your favorite bernaise sauce on the side and serve.
- Ps you can do this on the grill for added flavor using same cooking times.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION