Fast Food Biscuits
Got this from the newspaper years ago. So easy to whip up and have for breakfast or dust them with sugar before baking and have fresh strawberries and whipped cream on them.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or less)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk (or milk with 1 tsp. vinegar and 1/2 to 1 tsp. baking soda dissolved in it and let set for a few minu)
- egg wash
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Measure oil and milk in measuring cup and do not mix.
- Pour all at once over flour mixture. Just mix in bowl. Does not need to be kneaded or shaped. Just mix until all ingredients are just moistened. Can add a little more flour if it seems too gooey but you basically will take it in your hands to shape and place on pan.
- Let proof 10 min on lightly greased pan. If you want a more golden look, place egg wash on top before baking. If you want a more dessert type biscuit for strawberry shortcake then dust with sugar and melted butter (or egg wash) before baking.
- 475 degrees 10-12 minutes or until lightly brown. (You may want to adjust heat and time for your own oven since all cook differently).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Changes I made to make them more savory cheddar-like biscuits 1 TEAspoon sugar 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano 1 tablespoon minced garlic 1 teaspoon garlic powder 1/3 cup cheese Milk with 1 tsp. vinegar and 1/2 baking soda dissolved in it and let set for a few mins (I had to add quite a bit more milk to make the dough moist, it was very very dry with only 1 cup of milk; I eyeballed it until I liked the texture which was probably another 3/4 cup of milk) FOR THE TOPPING 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder Baked them for 15 mins at 425, then brushed butter topping on biscuits and baked about 5 more mins. (Thought they would be over-baked but they were great!)