Even Easier Chicken Broccoli or Spinach Alfredo
I whipped this up in a rush one night and it instantly became a family favorite. It is a twist from my granmother's recipe but much more flavorful.
- Ready In:
- 26 ounces alfredo sauce
- 1 cup half & half light cream
- 3 -6 minced fresh garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb cooked chicken breast
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- 16 ounces cooked penne
- 16 ounces fresh broccoli florets or 16 ounces fresh spinach
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Lightly brown the garlic in the olive oil. Add chicken, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Mix in jar of Alfredo and heat until slightly bubbly. Fill empty jar with 1/2 and 1/2, cap and shake then add to chicken mixture stirring thoroughly until bubbly.
- Finally add your vegetable and cook to desired doneness of veggie. Add one cup of cheese to sauce, mix until melted and pour on pasta. Mix pasta with chicken mixture well and then top with rest of cheese. Enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
We liked this recipe but it really wasn't better than a sum of its parts. Sometimes recipes come together to make some really wonderful. My family said the flavor was bland for a "recipe." We could have boiled pasta and added jarred sauce and got a similar flavor in their opinion. I thought the cream, garlic and shredded cheese added a little oomph but my picky eaters disagreed. We probably won't make again.Reply
Very good! And easy as promised. This was for the Pick-A-Chef game, Fall '06. I used a lowfat alfredo sauce, fat-free half and half, and both spinach (frozen) and fresh broccoli. Great Friday night after work, quick dinner! (I didn't have any cooked chicken on hand, so poached a breast in white wine with garlic and a chopped shallot). Thanks for posting this!Reply