Edamame Salad With Avocado and Radishes
photo by chris.young
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons honey (if you don't eat honey, substitute with cane sugar or agave)
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lightly toasted sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 pinch salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 5 -8 small radishes, sliced
- 1 ripe Hass avocado, cubed
- 1. In a medium saucepan, bring about 4 cups of water to boil, then add the edamame. Boil only for a couple of minutes — you want them cooked through but still firm. Drain the edamame and allow to cool to room temperature.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk together the rice wine vinegar, oil, garlic, ginger, lime, honey, and salt and pepper. I like to use an immersion blender to get the dressing completely emulsified, but a fork or whisk and a strong arm will accomplish the same thing. Set your dressing aside.
- 3. In a medium bowl, add the cooled edamame, avocado, green onion, parsley, radishes, and a sprinkling of sesame seeds. Stir them gently together until combined. Next, add the dressing a few large spoonfuls at a time, tossing slightly between spoonfuls, until you have the desired amount for your salad.
- 4. Serve and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!