Edamame in Kung Pao Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1 lb edamame, frozen, shelled
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, diced
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup kung pao sauce, prepared from a bottle
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil. Add edamame and return to a boil. Cook 5 minutes. Drain in a colander and set aside.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, add the oil and cook carrots and onions till tender, but not soft.
- In a medium bowl, stir together kung pao sauce, soy sauce and red pepper flakes. Add in edamame, carrots and onions. Toss until veggies are coated. Serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
A nice healthy low cal dinner or lunch. Served with brown rice and garnished with just a very few peanuts. Did cut the red pepper flakes in half as DH does not like them. The sauce had a nice mild flavor that did not hide the taste of the edamame, very well balanced. Have already put the leftover in a bowl for tomorrow's lunch and am very much looking forward to it. Thanks for the post.