Easy Seafood Stew
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a recipe that I got from Good Housekeeping. It's a healthy and tasty treat during the winter months.
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed with press
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup spicy vegetable juice cocktail
- 1 lb skinless cod fish fillet, cut into 1-in . chunks
- 8 ounces shelled and deveined med. shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in a 4 quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Add pepper and onion. Cook until softened and lightly brown (about 5 mins), stirring frequently.
- Stir in garlic and cook for another minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in tomatoes, juice, water, and salt. Cover and heat to boiling over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
- Stir in cod and shrimp. Cover & simmer until they turn opaque throughout (about 3 mins), stirring occasionally.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION