Easy Pizza Bake
- Ready In:
- 2 (16 1/3 ounce) packages Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (the cheese ones are especially good)
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (can use less)
- 2 cups meat (beef, sausage, ham or pepperoni)
- 2 cups of diced vegetables (onion, pepper, mushrooms, black olives, pineapple, etc.)
- Use a large baking dish (13 X 9 is too small). Lightly coat dish with cooking spray. Taking biscuits, cut them into sections of about 1 inch (I cut mine 3 strips across, then 3 strips down to make 9 pieces per biscuit) Once these are in "cubes", scatter them in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine your spaghetti sauce, seasoning, meat and vegetables and mix well. (This is where your creativity comes in -- how many combinations can there be? You can mix and match meats and veggies as well as use different types of sauce. The combinations are endless.) Pour this mixture over the biscuits, then top with cheese.
- Bake @ 300 degrees until done (approximately 30-40 minutes depending on your oven). Make SURE your biscuit cubes have room to spread out and bake thoroughly -- this is why you use a larger pan.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Dh and I whipped up some nummy pizzas last night. We followed the recipe almost to the T. We used left over cold cuts etc we had in the fridge. I had no cheese on my half (no dairy) and loaded it up with mushrooms and veggies. Totally nummy. The good thing about this recipe is that your can be very creative and design it to your liken. Excellant weekend meal. Thanks Punkin !!!