- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1⁄4 cup ground almonds
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2⁄3 cup regular plain yogurt (approx 6 oz)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of, to taste
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- olive oil, to garnish (optional)
- cayenne pepper, to garnish (optional)
- pita bread, cut into wedges
- Toast cumin seeds in small skillet until aromatic.
- Reserve a few cumin seeds for garnish.
- Place remaining cumin seeds in food processor (or blender) along with chickpeas, ground almonds, garlic, yogurt, olive oil, mint, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Process to form slightly grainy paste, or to desired consistency.
- Transfer to serving dish and let stand 30 minutes.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with cayenne pepper and remaining cumin seeds.
- Serve with pita bread wedges.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation