Easy Peasy Hummus With Flavor Variations
Much better than store bought! Once you try this you will never look back. Add more tahini to your liking, up to 1/4 cup. Flavor variations below.
- Ready In:
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can garbanzo beans (chick peas)
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced then smashed
- Drain chick peas, reserve 1/4 cup liquid.
- Add all listed ingredients to a food processor or blender.
- If using a food processor, pulse a few times then stream in reserved liquid to desired consistency. If using a blender add liquid to ingredients before blending.
- Process until smooth, I like to run it 3-4 min for ultra smooth consistency.
- Flavor as desired right in the blender! You can blend with pesto, roasted red peppers, chipotle tabasco or even avocado or guacamole. Drizzle with pine nuts, olive oil, parsley or cilantro for a beautiful mediterranean style presentation.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 4 more