Easy, Easy Beef Stew
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 30mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef, stewing
- 10 ounces mushroom soup, can
- 7 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 onions, medium, coarsely chopped
- 10 ounces water
- 1 cup celery, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup turnip, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parsnip, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mushroom, wild, halved
- 1⁄2 cup potato, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper, black, fresh ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄8 cup parsley, chopped (garnish)
- Combine the uncooked meat, soups, water and tomato sauce in pot.
- Place pot in oven, uncovered and cook for 2 hours, at 325°F.
- Now add all your vegetables and seasonings, cover pot and cook for an additional hour or until the vegetables are tender.
- We hope you will enjoy this simple dish.
Join The Conversation
I made this in my crock pot on high for 6 hours removing the lid for the last 2 hours to let the stew thicken. I left out the parsnips and mushrooms because I didn't have any on hand. This was very easy to throw together and tastes great. The house smelled so good while the stew was cooking. I served the stew over some white rice. Made for Diabetic Cooking Tag Game.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a very lucky lady. I recently moved to a very small town in New Brunswick, Canada with my wonderful husband who is my best friend. Very fortunate to have a cherished son, wonderful daughter in law and adorable granddaughter and cute wee grandson. We are very blessed. A big thank you to everyone that has made my recipes... hope you enjoyed them.