My mom made these for us growing up, they are the best!
- Ready In:
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen hash browns
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 16 ounces mayonnaise (I use Hellmans)
- 1 onion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spread hash browns evenly in baking dish.
- Melt cheese and mayo in saucepan and stir in onion, stirring constantly.
- Pour over potatoes and stir.
- Bake 45 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Love this recipe! My mom used to make this recipe for me, however we never use onions or salt and pepper. We also never melted the cheese and mayo. We would put the potatoes in a dish and coat with mayo. Then cube up Velveeta in small cubes and stir all together. Then bake for hour to hour and 15 stirring midway through to incorporate. Turns out amazing. I love the brown crispy cheese!