Easy (But Elegant) Chocolate Candy
These are so easy to make that the kids can help me prepare them. It is just as easy to make a wide variety of these fancy morsels which allows you to set forth an impressive candy tray. Also makes an excellent gift. I prefer to work in small batches but the recipe can certainly be doubled or tripled.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup chocolate wafers (approximately) or 1 cup white chocolate wafers (approximately)
Filling Ingredients Choose any combination to equal approximately 1/4 cup
- coconut (regular or toasted)
- chopped pecans
- chopped walnuts
- chopped peanuts
- chopped almonds
- chopped hazelnuts
- chopped cashews
- chopped macadamia nuts
- toffee pieces
- finely crushed pretzel
- Rice Krispies
- chopped dried fruit
- crushed mint decorative candies
- crushed chocolate sandwich style cookies
- Place the chocolate wafers in a microwave safe dish.
- Heat for 1 minute and stir.
- If needed, heat in 15 second intervals, stirring after each, until melted and smooth.
- Stir in one or two of the filling ingredients listed.
- The amount and combinations depends on personal taste but don’t add so much that the mixture doesn’t hold together.
- Spoon mixture into mini candy papers.
- Garnish with more the the Filling Ingredient (s) used or drizzle, in a contrasting chocolate, in a zig-zag pattern on top.
- TIPS: do not allow moisture to come in contact with the chocolate while it is melting or it will “bind” and become an unusable mess.
- Make sure your bowl and spoon are completely dry.