Dutch Oven Pot Roast
- Rub meat with salt.
- Melt Shortening in Dutch oven; add meat and cook over medium heat, turning once.
- Reduce heat; pour barbeque sauce and cider over meat.
- Cover and simmer on top of range or in 325 degree F. oven for 3 to 4 hours.
- Add carrots, potatoes and onions 1 1/2 hours before end of cookign time.
- Add okra 15 minutes before end of cooking time.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!