Dump Cake - Cobbler
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 (21 ounce) can pie filling (cherry and peach works good)
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple (don't drain)
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup butter (melted)
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Spread whole can of pie filling in a 13X9 baking pan.
- Spread whole can of crushed pineapple over pie filling.
- Sprinkle the cake mix evenly over the pie filling and pineapple.
- Spoon butter over the mix until it's even over the whole cake.
- Sprinkle coconut until it's well coated.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with ice cream if you like.
Join The Conversation
I made this and added one cup of chopped pecans mixed with 1/4 cup of dark brown sugar over the top of the fruit (I used peach pie filling). Continued with the recipe as written and this turned out AWESOME! There are so many possibilities with this recipe and have come up with some ideas I want to try like Black Forest Dump Cake using cherry pie filling, chocolate chips, chopped walnuts and a devils food cake mix (omit the pineapple and use maybe the juice of a bottle of cherries for the needed moisture).