photo by jobethlevy
- Ready In:
24 Egg Halves
- 12 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (can use light)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 3 - 3 1⁄2 teaspoons pickle juice (my favorite is Natha’s Kosher Dill pickles)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Place 12 eggs in single layer in pot and cover with 2 inches of cool water.
- Bring to boil, then remove from heat, cover and let stand for 12 minutes. After 12 minutes place eggs in ice water bath until cool.
- Once cool, peel eggs, cut in half and remove yolks.
- Mash yolks and add remaining ingredients. (Suggest starting with less pickle juice and salt then add more to taste.).
- Place mixture in quart bag, snip end and pipe mixture into egg halves. Sprinkle with paprika if using.
- Refrigerate and chill for at least two hours.
- Notes: I sometimes boil an extra egg or two to have more yolks and in case any of the whites tear.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!