Deb's Hazelnut Chocolate Pecan Pie
photo by Debloves2cook
- Ready In:
- 1 9" unbaked pie shell
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups dark corn syrup
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup hazelnuts, chopped finer than pecans
- 1⁄3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare Pie crust in pan, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, flour and vanilla; beat well.
- Add melted butter, pecans, hazelnuts and chocolate chips to the egg mixture, stir until ingredients are combined.
- Pour mixture into pie crust. Bake until center of the pie is puffed and golden brown, about 30-35 minutes.
- Cool. If desired, serve with a little whipped creme or vanilla ice cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a coastal California girl, relocated to Arizona a few years back now. I never thought I would like Arizona, we were giving this locale a two year trial period. Well I'm here to say I love it here!! The state, the weather, the community and all that goes with it. Our favorite time of day is the morning, sitting out on the back patio with our coffee, watching all the bird life; quails, thrashers, sparrows, woodpeckers, starlings, mockingbirds, wrens and the cottontail bunny rabbits and the occasional coyote passing through the yard. We have wonderful weather 10 months out of the year, great sunsets and great neighbors, who could ask for more! My folks came to visit us, fell in love with the community as well and in three days they bought a place too! My Mom calls me the president of the Chamber of Commerce, because I showed her the benefits and amenities of our community, so that she fell in love with it as well. So I took the next logical step and got my Real Estate license and became a Realtor. I am passionate about my new community, my new profession and all the regional southwest cooking possibilities!