Danish Puffs (Bisquick)
A classic recipe made even easier! These mini cake-like muffins take only a few minutes to put together. The Bisquick makes for a crusty top with a fluffy inside.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter (half stick butter)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar, mixed with
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (you can increase cinnamon if you like.)
- Stir together muffin batter ingredients for 30 seconds.
- Bake at 400 degrees in greased mini-muffin tin for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool slightly and roll tops of muffins in melted butter, then cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Makes 24 mini muffins.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These definitely need more sugar - I put almost 1/3 cup and they still had kind of a sour aftertaste, not sweet at all. I ended up poking them with a wooden spoon handle and putting a little honey in each one. That helped. I only needed about 1.5 tablespoons of melted butter to roll the tops in. I sprinkled them with cinnamon sugar from McCormick. BTW, I filled the muffin tins 3/4 full and got 33 mini muffins, which were the perfect size (didn't overflow the pan).Reply
My favorite muffin recipe! I've been making these for years and prefer them to the other recipes I've also tried. Their "cake-like" insides are a great copy of a cake donut. They are so dependable and popular(with the Bisquick) that I always include them for coffee hours at our church. Thanks for posting, Cricket! Roxygirl1Reply