photo by Outta Here
- Ready In:
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornflour (corn starch)
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ground nutmeg
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pastry shells
- Preheat oven to 200 degree celsius.
- Mix eggs and sugar till thick and creamy.
- Combine cornflour, milk and vanilla essence and slowly add to egg and sugar mix beating as you do so.
- Spoon mixture into pastry shell and sprinkle with ground nutmeg.
- Bake at 200 degree celsius for 10 minutes, reduce heat to 180 degree celsius and bake for a further 20 to 25 minutes. Skewer inserted at centre should come out clean.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a nice pie/tart. I made this using Splenda instead of sugar, and used lactose free skim milk. I really like the fact that as with many custard pies, you don't have to scald the milk first. This makes for quick and easy preparation. I did increase the vanilla to 2 tsps as well. This was absolutely delicious, and wonderful treat I can eat in my dietary limitations! Thanks Pat! I will make this often I'm sure! Made for Every Day is a Holiday
see 2 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
With the demise of the forums and with no more interaction on site with what was a great community and it was a pleasure to get to know so many of you over the years and to have had the privilege of meeting some of you in person. For me now this is just another recipe site like to many on the net, it has lost its specialness, such a pity especially when Scripps changed the name from Recipezaar to Food.com and made this statement sorry cannot replicate here as considered invalid but they basically said yes the community was valuable hence .com was short for community but it was a pack of lies as they were not willing to put the money into that community and got rid of the forums which was the community so for .com has become .crap.