Curry Peanut Noodles
It's an easy dish with pantry items, and you can add some cooked chicken. From Everyday with Rachael Ray.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb thin spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste (or more to taste)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- peanuts, crushed, for garnish
- Cook the spaghetti according to the directions on the package.
- Drain and return to the pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large, deep skillet heat the oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the curry paste and cook 1 to 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the chicken broth, coconut milk, and water.
- Bring to a gentle boil, stirring constantly, over medium-high heat, and cook 2 to 3 more minutes.
- Whisk in the peanut butter, fish sauce, sugar, and soy sauce until smooth and creamy.
- Toss the suace with the noodles and garnish.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Truly and outstanding dish! This was reduced to 2 servings and actually got quite a bit more than that. For the coconut milk, I used recipe #187372 which worked like a charm and I am sure reduced the calories and fat considerably. The spaghetti was angel hair. The completed dish was plated and garnished with the chopped peanuts and some sliced green onions. Made for PAC Spring 2008.Reply