Crockpot Sweet and Sour Cranberry Meatballs
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, extra-light tasting
- 15 ounces whole berry cranberry sauce
- 15 ounces beef broth
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and black pepper
- Make meatballs: Mix ground beef, onions, bread crumbs, egg, and seasoned salt together to form walnut sized meatballs. Add a bit more bread crumbs if the meat doesn't hold together well, or if it is too dry add a bit of olive oil.
- In deep saucepan, over medium-high heat, heat the 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Saute meatballs, turning often, until cooked through.
- In a crockpot, put the cranberry sauce, beef broth, brown sugar, onions, vinegar, ketchup, cayenne pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Mix together.
- Add meatballs .
- Cook on high about two hours, stirring often.
- When ready to serve, season with salt and pepper to taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello fellow cooks-I am on OBGYN doctor and I am new to this website. . I love RecipeZaar since there are so many, easy, delicious, tested recipes. Between myself and my boyfriend, we have 5 children so there is always someone hungry-the family is so happy about the new, freshly cooked foods that have been gracing our table as of late. Gardening- here in south florida we have lots of tropical fruit trees - is another hobby that I enjoy. We love scuba diving too. Recently, I did a tandem parachute jump.