Crockpot Irish Beef Stew
photo by Cleanfreshcuisine
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 20mins
- 4 stalks celery, sliced
- 6 yellow potatoes, cubed
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, cleaned and roughly chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can peas, drained
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons horseradish
- 2 tablespoons black pepper, divided
- 2 teaspoons sea salt, divided
- 4 tablespoons dried oregano, divided
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 1⁄2 cups water or 2 1/2 cups low sodium beef broth
- Trim fat from roast and cut into 1″ cubes.
- Clean carrots and celery and slice to about 1/4″ thickness. Wash potatoes (no need to peel yellow/golden potatoes) and cut into 1″ cubes. Clean onion; cut in half and slice (about 1/4″ slices). Clean garlic and roughly chop.
- Place olive oil in a large skillet and heat to medium high. Add beef and brown on all sides, seasoning with half of the oregano, salt and pepper. Add carrots, celery and garlic to pan. Saute for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Place meat and vegetable mixture in a 6 to 8 quart crockpot. Add potatoes, onion and peas.
- Pour in red wine and beef broth or water.
- Add horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, oregano and parsley.
- Stir well and cook on high for 4 to 5 hours or low for 7 to 8 hours.
- Serve with crusty bread and a crisp green salad.
- This recipe serves 8.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My name is Kyle and I am a Mom, a chef, a blogger and an event planner