Crock Pot Sloppy Joes for a Crowd
photo by Hippie2MARS
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 20mins
- 3 lbs ground chuck
- 1 large vidalia onion, diced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 large bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 24 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 cup catsup
- 3⁄4 cup mild barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 3 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Mrs Dash southwest chipotle seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Brown the hamburger with the onions, garlic and peppers until the meat is cooked and the onions are clear.
- Drain well (I just leave mine in the colander draining while I prepare the sauce).
- In the crock pot, whisk together all the remaining ingredients.
- Fold in the hamburger mixture. Stir to coat.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Although I am not particularily fond of "red sauce" BBQ's when I saw this recipe I had to try! and I did... I went out on a limb and made this for my husband's surprise 50th Birthday Party.. I figured the recipe for 60.. then doubled a single recipe x2 if that makes sense. It was delicious and even better a day later... I didn't use the nutmeg and I was short on tomato sauce but will even cut back on liquid somehow next time...as It was a little runnier than I like... With that being said... 5 STARS!! EXCELLENT and thank you very much for posting!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm an Arkansas native but spent my teen-aged years in Memphis. I have four grown sons and 12 grandchildren. I currently live in Chattanooga, TN and cook mainly for just two, which has been quite an adjustment!