Meaty Arroz Con Gandules
This is a direct copy of the recipe on the can of Goya Green Pigeon Peas aka Gandules Verde and it is so delicious!! I usually use 1/2 cup of the ham because it is slightly healthier, but have also used smoked turkey breast.
- Ready In:
- 2 slices bacon or 1/2 cup ham, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 15 ounces goya green pigeon peas, undrained
- 1 packet sazon goya con culantro y achiote
- 1⁄2 cup goya tomato sauce
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups rice, I use Uncle Ben
- Heat a large pot over medium heat.
- Add bacon(ham), onions, green pepper and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes longer.
- Add remaining ingredient, except rice and bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice; cover.
- Simmer for 2 minutes or until rice is tender.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 2 more