Crock-Pot Savory Chili
photo by jkm.11.18.
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 30mins
8 Quarts of Chili
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 white onion, Chopped
- 3 tablespoons garlic, Chopped
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 lbs ground turkey (or 1 lbs. Ground beef & 1 lbs. Italian Sausage)
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes in puree
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans, in sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- chopped green onion
- crumbled corn chips
- chopped jalapeno chile
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 7-10 minutes.
- Stir in chili powder, paprika, cumin, oregano and salt.
- Add the Ground Turkey (or ground beef & sausage). Increase the heat to medium high and cook the meat, stirring frequently, until cooked through, 8-10 minutes. Once the meat is done add to the crock-pot.
- Add the Tomatoes, Kidney, Chili and Black Beans, and the chocolate into the crock-pot and stir.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 4 hours, stirring occasionally if possible. (If done on the stovetop, cook on low heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour.).
- Top with your choice of toppings, and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg"> I have been married since November 2006 to my best friend, and soulmate. We have an adorable little boy who was born in June of 2008. And we all enjoy eating fresh homemade meals together, and my dear hubby and I enjoy cooking side by side for big family functions. DH is an amazing cook, and is the only person I allow to touch a grill! lol! I hope our son inherits his Dad's cooking abilities!