Crock Pot Cheddar Scalloped Potatoes
photo by Chef shapeweaver
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 15mins
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 -2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup celery leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (13 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (old or sharp)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- lightly grease cooker insert; layer and alternate potato slices and onion in prepared cooker. In a blender or food processor, combine celery leaves, parsley, butter, flour, salt, pepper, evaporated milk and cheddar cheese.
- Process for 1 minute or until mixture is smooth.
- Pour over potatoes and onions, sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6- 8 hours or on HIGH for 3- 4 hours, until potatoes are tender and heated through.
I made this recipe on 10/22/10 for the Crockpot Event over in KK's Forum.Since it was just myself and my SO only half the recipe was made.Except for the cutting the recipe in half it was made as written.We thought the taste was what would be called " American Classic Comfort Food ". Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling :)"
This is a delicious easy recipe. I put it in the crock pot (on low) before DH and I went shopping and then while I cooked a pork tenderloin. It was ready right on time. I used extra sharp cheddar cheese and diced frozen onions. We didn't want onion rings but wanted the flavor! This was great and I'll definietly make again!
Really good recipe and super easy to make! The potatoes were very tender and tasty and even my young daughter ate the onions! I used 1 large onion but next time will use 2 because I had more potato slices than onion slices. I cooked it on low for about 5 hours (Rival smart-pot - always seems to cook everything quicker). I will definitely use this one again!