Crock Pot Candied Chicken
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 5mins
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- 2⁄3 cup vinegar (use your favorite)
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- Place your chicken in the crock pot. Cover with brown sugar, pepper, garlic and soy sauce. Add the vinegar and soda.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. I cooked it for 6 hours and the chicken was a bit too done -- I think I'll cook it for closer to 5 hours on low--tops. It cooked up really quick. It will differ slightly also if the chicken is frozen or thawed. It was VERY yummy though! Just watch your chicken--you know your crock pot best too.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Using thawed chicken breasts, Squirt for the beverage(love that stuff!), & dark brown sugar, my crock pot had this dish ready in just under 5 hours! VERY NICE TASTING CHICKEN, & something I'd make again! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Im 40 years old and live with my husband and two year old son in eastern WA. My husband has a 14 year old daughter who lives near Seattle with her Mom. She's here with us during the summer and school holidays. My husband and step daughter are a little picky so sometimes it's hard to get them to try new things. Hubby's more likely to try than she is. I just keep trying. I'm a nurse and work full time in an orthopedic clinic. I've worked there for about 4 1/2 years. I've always loved my job but since I had my baby I find that I'd rather be home more. Plus after working all day I don't always feel like cooking when I get home which means we eat take out more than we should. I found this website a couple months ago and just love it. I spend a lot of my time browsing through all the recipes. <br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg alt= /></p>