Crispy, Crunchy Waffles
- Ready In:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 7⁄8 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon rind (optional)
- Use a whisk to combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Separate eggs,leaving the whites in a bowl where you can beat them easily.
- In a separate bowl,beat egg yolks until frothy and add oil and milk.
- Combine with flour mixture;add lemon rind,if desired.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form,then fold into batter.
- Bake until crisp in a hot waffle iron.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a good basic waffle recipe. It made exactly 4 waffles. I put in 1/2 c. whole wheat flour for part of the called for flour. I also added only 1/2 of the oil called for (I used olive oil). Included 1 tsp cinnamon but would add more next time. These are wonderful with strawberries! I would not call them crispy crunchy though. Thanks for sharing!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a busy single mom of 5 growing boys!! My children's ages are 21,18,14,12 and 10 1/2. In my spare time,when I have any, I try to walk 3 miles a day.I like to read Woman's World and inspirational books and if I didn't have 5 beautiful boys to care for, I would probably be doing missionary work. I live in the beautiful Okanagan Valley in British Columbia and I swear we must be living in Heaven on earth!!!I would love to travel if I had the resources and time with Brazil and South America being on the top of my list of places to see.