Creamy Vegetarian (Not Vegan) Caesar Salad Dressing
photo by dgaspar
- Ready In:
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Wisk mustard, egg yolk and crushed (I use a garlic crusher) garlic.
- Very, very, very slowly add olive oil and whisk to incorporate. (At first I add about 1/4 teaspoon at at crack) later I add 1/2 teaspoon at a time, wisk in to incorporate, then add another 1/2 teaspoons and so on and so forth.
- When all the oil is added it will look and feel like soft creamy butter.
- The combo of yolk, mustard and oil now will allow water to mix in (oil and water will now come together).
- So -- add 1 tbsp water and incorporate.
- Then add 1 tbsp lemon juice and incorporate.
- Then add 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar and incorporate.
- Then add 1/2 tbsp more lemon juice and incorporate.
- Add salt and pepper.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!