Creamy Shrimp Lasagna
photo by Lavender Lynn
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- Heat oven to 350. Place shrimp in a strainer and rince under cold water if you are using frozen shrimp. Pat dry and remove the tails.
- In a bowl stir the pasta sauce with the cream, basil and oregano. Taste and add more seasonings if needed.
- Stir ricotta with dill in a small bowl.
- Grate cheeses then stir together.
- Spread about 1/2 cup of sauce in the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan, top with 3-5 lasagna noodles,try not to overlap them.
- Spread 1/2 of the ricitta mixture.
- Cover with 1/2 of the tomatae sauce.
- Scatter 1/2 of the shrimp on top .
- Then comes 1/2 of the cheese over the shrimp.
- Put more noodles , then layer again .Ending whith a layer of noodles , the rest of the sauce and then topped with cheese.
- Baked uncovered in the centre of the onen until sauce is bubbly. Takes about 1 hour and let stand for 10 minute before serving.
- When you have finished your meal -- run around the block.
- This can be made a head just bake it for 30 minutes. Let cool ,.
- cover and refridgate overnight.
- Remove from fridge, uncover and let it come to room temperature 30 minute Reheat at 350 for 30-40 minute Cover loosely if it gets too brown around the edges.
Delicious! It tastes like you put a ton of effort this dish, when in fact it is a snap to prep! I almost always have the ingredients on hand for this and will be making it again. I used fresh dill, basil, and oregano from my herb garden. I thought the Dill/Ricotta mixture was brilliant! The only tiny change I might make is to add a little galic and/or garlic salt. I would also like to try the addition of crab meat which another reviewer mentioned. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe. P.S-. DH also gave you 2 thumbs up ! Made for Zingo ZWT4
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I have 5 kids, 12 grandkids and now have 6 great grandchildren. I don't get to see them as much as I would like. I love to garden and I am also a broadcaster on radio and the net.. Recently married to an American although remarriage is something I thought I would never do again. He traveled 3000 miles with his cat to come to marry me. <br /><br />I owned my own craft store for 10 years but gave that up after a huge craft discount depot opened just 4 blocks from me. I used to teach 6 days a week; crafts like quilting, dried wreaths, Christmas ornaments, etc.</p> <p>I had open heart surgery and recovered nicely.I am not the best patient in the world as I want to get going and get back to work and my life as I knew it.</p> <p>I have retired and do help out at a soup kitchen for the homeless and 1 morning a week I make French Toast at a community center that supplies 26 schools with free snacks and sandwiches for the kids <br />I have been knitting blankets for Blankets for Canada an organization that helps the homeless keep a little bit warmer. I also knit for many different charities that supply kids with warm clothes. So I still am busy.<br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/Zaar%20World%20Tour%203/ZWT3-Participation.gif alt=/ /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y97/rjtofanelli/banners/zaarmamas.jpg alt=/ /> <br /><br /><img src=http://www.satsleuth.com/cooking/RecipeSwap2.JPG alt=width=50% /> <br /><img src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/SaltPepperSwap.jpg alt=/ /> <br />[img] <img src=http://www.satsleuth.com/cooking/Swap14.JPG alt=/ /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/homepage/ZWT4-TeamCaptain.gif alt=/ /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/Zaar%20World%20Tour%204/ZWTAB-tg.gif alt=/ /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/mini.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b158/bella_donata/My%20Art/Recipezaar/goldsparkle.png border=0 alt=Made /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w115/bugh8er/food%20and%20swaps/4811_39528.png border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r271/copperhorse58/Birthday%20and%20Celebration%20Images/Calendargirls2.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/Acadia/Banners/HolidayCardSwapBannerP-1.jpg alt=/ /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Holiday-plaid_HPI.gif alt=/ /></p> <p> <img src=/[IMG]http:/i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo347/FloridaNative7/santa/santa-1.gif[/IMG] alt=/ /></p>