- Ready In:
- 20 ounces fresh mixed vegetables (broccoli, baby carrots & cauliflower, fresh)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese spread
- 1 cup seasoned croutons
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Steam vegetables until just tender, then drain & place in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together soup & cream cheese, then stir that mixture into the vegetables.
- Pour vegetables into a greased 1-quart baking dish & sprinkle with the croutons.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes or until bubbly.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
It cannot get much easier than this to put together creamed mixed veggies & I did mix it up by using frozen cauliflower & broccoli florets + fresh carrots & snow peas. I tasted the mixture & added McCormick Lemon & Pepper Seasoning Salt to perk up the flavor a bit. The happy outcome was the sauce approached an almost hollandaise-like flavor w/o the guilt. I esp like easy, pop in the oven & go about your business recipes like this, so thx for sharing this recipe w/us.
What a delicious and easy way to make creamed veggies. I used fresh broccoli, cauliflower, baby carrots cut in half, three ribs of chopped celery, and a handful of frozen peas, with homemade seasoned croutons using recipe #20227 for the seasoning. Much quicker than making homemade white sauce. Served with grilled chicken and baked potatoes. Added this recipe to my favorites binder!
Absolutely delicious and easy to make. I used a lot of different veggies: broccoli, brussel sprouts, snow peas, carrot, and cabbage. I think mushrooms would also be good. I did use seasoned cream cheese and probably made a huge change by subbing condensed broccoli cheese soup for the cream of celery, but it came out fantastic. This recipe wouldn't scale down easily, but I think it would make a great full meal for a smaller group by substituting cooked turkey or ham or something for some of the veggies. Anyway, this is a keeper. Thaks for posting.