This recipe is from my mother, Mildred Unger, who made it at Christmas for many years. It was a real family favorite. Like everything else, bacon makes spinach even better.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 lb thick slab bacon, diced
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Saute diced bacon slowly until crisp, pouring off collected fat.
- Cook and drain spinach according to directions on package.
- Add spinach and sour cream to bacon and simmer 5-10 minutes.
- Add nutmeg and serve.
- This is better tasting if made the day before needed.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Very good! I was a bit worried about the moisture content, so after cooking I then sauteed the spinach to dry it out a bit. I did cut the nutmeg by half, I thought it would be too overpowering at that amount. I also added some salt and pepper. Thanks for posting! Made for Spring PAC 2013<br/>An update: I had some leftovers and some leftover spaghetti with Parmesan and olive oil on it, so I mixed the spinach with the pasta. A terrific new dish! Thanks again!Reply