Cranberry Sauce With Crystallized Ginger
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From epicurious.com. Can be made 3 days ahead.
- Ready In:
- 2 (12 ounce) bags cranberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon orange peel, grated
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup crystallized ginger, minced
- Combine first 6 ingredients in heavy medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Boil until cranberries pop, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Cool. Mix in crystallized ginger.
- Cover and refrigerate.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I tried this recipe for Thanksgiving 2007 -- can't believe I never reviewed it. I've made it a gazillion times since then; it's by far my favorite cranberry sauce recipe. I do vary it by chopping up the oranges and throwing them in, too; I also have changed the sugar to 1 cup (or a bit more) of brown sugar, and throwing in a teaspoon of cinnamon. But you still get the extra little kick of the crystallized ginger, and it's fabulous. Thanks for posting this!1Reply